2.23.2012

Write-Me-A-Love-Note Frame...DIY

And for my 2nd Valentine's pinterest project:

Write-Me-A-Love-Note Frame!

So, I originally nabbed this idea from (once again) pinterest (naturally). It's a pretty popular one. I just kinda took the concept and did my own thing with it...
SO, David's love language is Words affirmation. (Don't know the love languages?? Find out about them here!) And, I know I need to work on being a better words of affirmationer (haha!) with him especially. SO I thought this might be a handy tool! We want these frames to be a place to go to either laugh or feel very loved. And I gotta say... I love 'em!

SO...here's how I made 'em!

Directions for "The Green One"
What you'll need to clone this guy:
-a garage sale frame...literally I pulled this from my very own garage sale pile.
-felt ($0.29 a sheet at Michaels)
-Ribbon
-Buttons, confetti- anything you want to decorate with :)
-Glue Gun

HOW TO:
Take your garage sale frame, find the where the most scratches are...and that is where you will put your decoration :) That's what I did at least! I made three felt rosettes- which you can find a tutorial to make them here! I also added a button and some curled blue ribbon to them :) In the opposite corner, I put a piece of ribbon that fit nicely over a scratch :) I jazzed it up with some vintage buttons from my stash and a confetti piece from my wedding :) I used a glue gun for attaching it all :)...Stay tuned for directions for the paper insert!

Directions for "The White One"

What you'll need to clone this guy:

-a garage sale frame...literally I pulled this from my very own garage sale pile.
-felt ($0.29 a sheet at Michaels)
-Twine
-Buttons, confetti, ribbon- anything you want to decorate with :)
-Scrapbook Paper
-Glue Gun, adhesive

HOW TO:
For this one, I made some penants :) Which I LOVE. I cut out each triangle, then using the glue gun- I attached it to the "back" of the twine. I then attached the whole bunting to the frame. Using a glue stick, I decorated my penants with ribbon, scrapbook paper, confetti, and a button :) The most fun part of course :) Next, I added a little tag down in the corner using scrapbook paper and a little cardboard applique. It says "My favorite person". I backed it with a piece of felt so it would pop! 

FOR THE PAPER INSERT:
What you'll need: Notebook Paper, Stamps, Ink, Dry erase marker :)
HOW TO: easy peasy. I just cut  a piece of notebook paper, and using stamps and ink, I wrote the Dears and Loves :) (which can definitely be done using a sharpie!)...of course I added a heart :) yaaay!
I love finding a new message on my board :) I just love them in general!
Thanks for stopping by Peace, love, and dry erase :) Jennie.

No comments: