2.17.2012

A Cliche Valentine's Day

Hello! So because David's birthday is exactly one week after Vday, we never really done much for hearts day. BUT this year, I requested of David a "Cliche Valentine's Day". Yup! I wanted all the standard. Don't judge me, I'm always looking for new dates to go on...and we've never done the commercial valentine one before...so why not? haha...I will take you through our day, because my life is so incredibly exciting (ha!). I will say, it was fun!...Let's be honest what girl does not enjoy all the goods (no matter the amount of thought actually put into it...ha!) Ok, so here is how our holiday went...


1. First off we started out with a Dinner. Lovely idea....not so lovely idea: going ON hearts day. SO we opted for a pre Vday dinner on Sunday! We planned for Latin King...only to drive there to discover it is closed on Sunday. bummer. so naturally we went for the next romantic spot on our list:
Romantic right? haha...good none the less :)

2. On hearts day, I woke up to this lovely arrangement on the kitchen table:
Yessss....He said he wanted corny but still impresseive...he added the 3 roses for cliche's sake (2 for 2 married Vday's so far...one for our engaged Vday that he forgot to get me flowers for...which I still hang over his head.haha) AND the "impressive part" was the hydrangea's and Symphony bars...my faves :)

3. We spent the evening with a million other couples (most of which were in HS...ahah) watching: 
Fan-freakin-tastic movie! & it really is a great date movie too :) After you watch it..you have to watch this clip of the REAL couple behind the movie! 

4. So I'm always thinking of ways to help my marriage for the long run. What can I do now to make life easier down the road?...For hearts day, I wanted to do something that could impact our marriage in that way. I decided to put my pinterest powers to some good use, and did these two projects that I hope will uplift my marriage: I found both on pinterest, but tweaked them to my liking. Here goes: **Excuse the awful photography, I've lost my camera...so i'm down to an awful phone cam.

  Pinterest Project Numero Uno: 52 ways to show the other person you love them.

I'll soon post directions for this project: But in a nutshell...I wrote on the yellow slips 52 ways that David could make me feel loved. He did the same on the green strips. Then we switched containers. Every Sunday (for one year) we will  pull out a slip, and we have all week to complete it. I decided to do this particular project, because lately we had been discussing how we needed to do a better job of "dating" each other. With all the transitions that marriage has brought, we've had to work so hard on getting that down. So these are ways/ideas we can use not only this year, but down the road! 

 Pinterest Project: Numero Dos: Write me a note Frames :)



Ok...so I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE these! I've been wanting to do it for a while...but just wasn't sure what exactly I wanted. Yaay! I love them! David's top love language is words of affirmation. I hope to use this to fulfill that language the best I can :) I will post directions soon!

I loved my Heart's day....but I'm thinking next year...we're gonna save our pennies. We'll at least a little more than this year ;) How was your Vday?? What unique things do you do to impact your marriage/relationships? Do share :)  Happy Hearts Day! Jennie <3






3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Sounds like you had a great Vday! :) Love the "pinterest projects"! I haven't seen the 52 ideas one... If you post the directions, I'll pin it! haha! Love you girl! ;)

Jennifer Lisa Hartwig said...

hhaha yeah! Thanks! Love YOU too :)

Mandy Kay said...

Love the frames! I've picked you to receive the Liebster Award! Here's some info on it and how you can receive it and pass it along: http://designsbymke.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-award.html