2.23.2012

52 things...DIY

Hello friends :) Well, if you read my most recent blog post about my Valentines day, you'll see how I used some of my pinterest powers :) As promised here are directions for:


52 ways to show my spouse I love them
    I originally found this idea off pinterest, and you can find the original tutorial here :) I used the same concept, just "packaged" it a bit differently. So, basically the idea is to provide your spouse with ideas of ways they can show you that they love you :) I've only been married now for 1 year and oh 9ish months, so I'm no expert on marriage. BUT I do know that it's been hard enough to figure out this marriage thing and how that works into our relationship- and it is difficult to keep "dating" one another, and really showing one another our love in ways we understand it. And not to mention, there are still things we haven't figured out about eachother! Shocking, I know. haha...


SO I decided that this would be a good tool. Here's how it goes: Each of us had 52 slips of paper. On each paper we wrote a way that we would like to be shown that we are loved and thought of by the other person. Examples of mine were: Clean out my car, make me a treat, write me a note of ways I have improved as a wife since we first got married, pray with me everyday of the week, give me a neck/scalp massage, etc. We also made sure that we hit all 5 love languages so it didn't just become a honey-do list :) But obviously, there were more requests that emphasized the love language(s) that speaks the most to us. P.S. Don't know the love languages?? Check it out hereSO Sunday, we will pull a slip and then we have all week to accomplish it. By the end of the year, we will have 52 ideas tucked in our brain!


"PACKAGING": I did NOT want to spend much on the packaging, but I still wanted it to look cute and be able to withstand the war zone of the top of a dresser for a year :) SO...I went to Michaels, and got these cute PLASTIC (for durability) take out containers for $0.99, and then went scrounging through my own scrapbook paper and found this cute "pet name" paper...which I had no plans for :) I simply cut it, and taped it to the inside. I then attached the cute monogram stickers to one of the papers. The D stand's for "David's requests" and the J stand for "Jennie's requests". Easy as Pie!


* We're one week into it, and I can already tell that my "requests" might be a little more extensive then his.haha! good thing he loves me! Thanks for stoppin by! Let me know if you attempt this little diddy :)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

"pinned"! As promised ;)
And I am planning on making this myself very soon!

Jennifer Lisa Hartwig said...

yaay! you are so great :) You have to show me how you make yours :)